Knitting Circle 2022
Vacant spots are now open to the public!
Our approach to creating Knitting Circle beer is not necessarily about finding the best barrel or using the most obscure and expensive ingredients. Instead our intent is primarily twofold: to offer you early insight into the direction of Fair Isle and to share small, thoughtful, experimental batches.
Often these batches include limited and seasonal foraged ingredients that results in a one-off beer expressing that particular time and place. Some batches reveal themselves as a result of handpicking specific barrels or puncheons with you in mind. In some cases these experiments are so successful and compelling that we can’t wait to take what we’ve learned and apply it to larger scale production.
As someone who is interested in joining the Knitting Circle, you may be aware that farmhouse beers take time to make. We do our best to plan out the timing of our beers and shepherd them along the way, but at the end of the day these beers are simply ready to drink when they’re ready to drink. Additionally, we are beholden to the seasonality of local ingredients and since this will only be the program’s second year we have a somewhat limited inventory of barreled beer to blend. This all means that while we do our best to release two beers every quarter, we can’t commit to a specific release schedule.
8 Knitting Circle Beers
As a member of the Fair Isle Knitting Circle you will receive farmhouse beers created with you in mind. These beers will highlight special barrels, foraged ingredients, and unique small-batch recipes. Each member will receive the equivalent volume of eight 750ml bottles of beer. For example, over the course of the year, we may deliver seven 750ml bottles and two 375ml bottles. Additional bottles may be made available for members to purchase at each release.
1 Knitting Circle Glass – AVAILABLE WITH YOUR FIRST ALLOTMENT IN 2022
All members will receive one limited edition glassware. Additional merchandise or perks may be made available for members to purchase at each release. Stay tuned!
Pick Up Logistics
All Knitting Circle beers will be held for in-person pickup at the brewery for 30 days after the initial release date. Beer can be picked up at the tasting room during regular business hours. Beer not picked-up within 30 days will be forfeited to the brewery without refund unless prior arrangements are made.
At checkout you can choose to ship your bottles and any Fair Isle beer to anywhere in the state of Washington (shipping expenses not included in membership).
You are always welcome to have a proxy pick up your beer. To add a proxy, at checkout, put the name of the person in the “Order Proxy” space at the bottom of the checkout page. Your proxy must have a copy of your order confirmation, a valid ID and be 21 or over.
Terms and Conditions
- Fair Isle reserves the right to discontinue the Knitting Circle for 2023.
- Only one membership per person. If an individual is found to have multiple memberships, Fair Isle reserves the right to cancel all memberships for that individual without refund.
- You must be 21+ to purchase a membership.
- All 2022 Knitting Circle Membership sales are final and non-refundable.
- Pick-Up Rules: Knitting Circle beer must be picked up by the individual who purchased their membership or an individual designated in advance bearing an ID with the designated individual.
- Beer and merchandise received through the Knitting Circle are intended for individual consumption and enjoyment. They are not for resale. Members found reselling their beer or merchandise may have their membership terminated without refund.
- Fair Isle reserves the right to cancel an individual’s membership and refund any unused portion of that membership at any time for any reason.
- Memberships in the industry are frequently undermined by traders and profiteers who have no personal interest in the beer but just want to make a buck or trade for some other beer. While this is not inherently bad, it is inconsistent with our intent to cater towards our early adopters and local supporters. No solution to this situation is perfect but we don’t intend to turn a blind eye. If we find traders or profiteers ignoring the rules, we will take the necessary steps to end these actions. We hope you understand.
- We typically only make enough of a Knitting Circle beer to satisfy the membership allotments. However, there are times when the process yields some excess of Knitting Circle beer, or member bottles are forfeited to the brewery. We reserve the right to sell this surplus beer as additional bottles to the membership, at festivals, special events and to the Knitting Circle Membership wait list.
- 2022 Knitting Circle Memberships will commence on January 1st, 2022 and will terminate on December 31st, 2022. If Fair Isle Brewing chooses to continue the Knitting Circle for 2023, all 2022 members will have first right to renew their memberships before they go on sale to the public.